Baerlocher Plastic Additives (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd. commenced production at its new plant located in Changzhou, China. The Baerlocher plant in China is a WOFE (Wholly owned foreign enterprise). The operation is supported by a “state of the Art” application laboratory.
Arne Schulle becomes CEO of the Baerlocher group of companies.
Introduction of new Innovative hydrophobic agents for building protection.
Dr. Michael Rosenthal, CEO and majority shareholder, retires from operational business and becomes chairman of the advisory board.
Dr. Felix Meyer, CEO, takes responsibility for operational business.
Baerlocher Production USA LLC in Cincinnati, Ohio/USA commences operations.
Baerlocher takes over production plant in Dewas, India, forming Baerlocher India.
Baerlocher takes a leading role for Additives in the industry voluntary commitment “Vinyl 2010”.
Company moves its headquarters from Munich to Unterschleissheim.
Opening of the Plastics Additives Museum in Lingen.
Celebrating 175 Years of Baerlocher GmbH.
Production starts at Baerlocher UK in Bury, Lancashire.
Lingen, Germany: Production of fatty acid and glycerine starts at plant 3.
The spelling of the company name is changed from Bärlocher to Baerlocher.
Bärlocher assumes 50 % shares in the following companies in South America: Bärlocher do Brazil (Brazil), Lestar Quimica ( Argentina) and Compania Quimica (Peru).
Production starts at Bärlocher Malaysia in Seremban, near to Kuala Lumpur.
Cooperation with Ciba Specialty Chemicals AG on production of Additive Blends for Polyolefins.
Termination of production at the old site in Munich.
Bärlocher assumes 50 % shares in SOGIS, Cremona/Italy, a producer of fatty acids and metal soaps.
Lingen, Germany: Production of metal soaps starts at plant 2.
Lingen opens a dedicated production facility for Ca/Zn only.
Incorporation of Bärlocher USA in Dover/Ohio as Joint Venture.
Bärlocher acquires La Ceresine, Marseille/France, which becomes Bärlocher France four years later.
Start of cooperation by Degussa and Bärlocher for impact modifiers and processing aids for PVC.
Bärlocher purchases Commer, Lodi/Italy, which becomes Bärlocher Italia a few years later.
On Oct 20, 1980 Dr. Michael Rosenthal becomes CEO of Chemische Werke München Otto Bärlocher GmbH, following the death of Dr. Christian Rosenthal.
Plant 1 at Bärlocher Chemie in Lingen, Germany, starts production.
Estabilizantes Bärlocher is founded in Brazil as the first Joint Venture outside Europe.
Plastics are introduced globally with great success. Dr. Rosenthal launches the concept of ready-made “master compounds” to the plastics industry. These products contain all necessary additives for PVC processing.
Bärlocher starts the development of single components and stabilizers for the plastics industry. Licences for the production of metal soaps are purchased from Ferro Chemical Corporation, Cleveland, Ohio/USA.
Dr. Christian Rosenthal becomes trustee of Chemische Werke München Otto Bärlocher GmbH on February 1st, 1946. In subsequent years Dr. Christian Rosenthal becomes majority shareholder of Chemische Werke München Otto Bärlocher GmbH.
On May 25th, 1909 “Chemische Fabrik Otto Bärlocher” from Augsburg and “Chemische Werke München GmbH” in Munich-Moosach merge with the intention to process waste streams from the municipal gas supply company.
On April 4th, 1823 chemist Dr. Johann Gottfried Dingler and his business partners are granted authorisation by Bavarian King Max I. Joseph to build and operate the first Bavarian factory for the production of sulphuric acid in Augsburg. This acid was used in the partners’ own cotton factories, for the bleaching of linen and cotton.